Early Childhood Director Certificate
EKU’s online early childhood director certificate focuses on the knowledge and strategies needed to manage a childcare center. The program prepares early childhood professionals to provide strong leadership in group care settings and meets preparation standards for the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Earn this credential while completing your bachelor’s degree and enhance your learning experience and career opportunities.
Format: 100% online
What sets our program apart?
EKU is dedicated to preparing the highest quality early childhood professionals for Kentucky and beyond. EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as child development, organization and administration of early childhood programs, and creative activities and materials for young children.
- 8-week terms
- Personalized graduation plan
- Credit hours that count toward the Child Development Associate (CDA) and can be applied toward your state's credentials**
- Coursework including child development and family studies that incorporates National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) professional preparation standards
- Quality courses from respected faculty who teach the same classes online and on-campus
- Ranked by U.S. News and World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.